The Sewing Site - A New Era in Patternmaking
Our Brand Focus:
- Superior Design Fit
- Environmental Responsibility
- Eliminating Physical Waste
First, let's review some statistics:
- The fashion industry is responsible for 20% of water waste worldwide.
- It takes more than 5,000 gallons of water to manufacture just a T-shirt and a pair of jeans.
- About 15% of fabric intended for clothing ends up on the cutting room floor. This waste rate has been tolerated industry-wide for decades.
- It is estimated that every year, 44 trillion liters of water are used to irrigate textile crops.
- 95% of water used in textile irrigation, almost 40 trillion liters, is linked to the production of cotton.
- 43 million tons of chemicals are used to dye and treat our clothes every year AND there are 8,000 different chemicals used to manufacture clothing.
- 1 in 2 people are throwing their unwanted clothes straight in the trash. The result? 64% of the 32 billion garments produced each year end up in landfill.
Why is this relevant to us?
It is no longer acceptable for us to say, “this is the way it's always been done”. We have invested a huge amount of money in leading CAD fashion design software that not only decreases our design time, but it also has 3D software that allows us to digitally fit our designs on avatars. This is a game changer because it allows precise accuracy.
Traditionally, clothing companies (and patterns companies) will fit garments on live models during what is referred to as Pattern or Fit Testing. The problem is, during a pattern test it's not uncommon to go through several different drafts to get the fit right. Think of all the water WASTED worldwide in this process when that draft garment is unusable and thrown away because the fit isn't right.
We now have the resources available to do better, and The Sewing Site is committed to that. It is also quote common for testers within the testing process to measure their models incorrectly, causing avoidable delays in the process. Our new 3D fit rendering process solves that issue entirely. Numbers don't lie and pattern design is simply mathematics. Measurements + design ease = design visions coming to life!
What do 3D Fit Renderings look like?
You will see them in the listing photos. First is size 00 (front, back, side), then size 14 (front, back, side), and size 30 (front, back, side).